Disclaimer

This publication is the exclusive property of cjschlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cjschlottman. All rights reserved.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Your Crooked Smile


There are times when I am 
moved to tears   cannot hold back
the sadness or joy that
catches in my throat   steals
my breath   chokes the words I
intend to say out loud.
The sound of your Texan’s
brogue   your bourbon laced breath
move me to open my 
heart   spill it over you
in kisses   caresses
I save for you alone.
Memories of loss move
me to the edge of
sanity   only to 
loosen their grip when you 
appear in dreams   wake
me with your crooked smile.
© cj Schlottman
September 09, 2011

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

::gasp:: oh to have that effect on someone.

Sara said...

Memories hold so much power, especially after loss. It seems to heighten all our senses.

Ed Pilolla said...

brogue to bourbon took it to another level and you sure carried it through.

seasideauthor said...

To have that effect just once in a lifetime, well who knows life is not over yet! I could indeed feel the absence and memories and loss.

ayala said...

This is sad and sweet. Wishing you well.

Judie said...

You are one hell of a gifted poet, CJ.