Disclaimer

This publication is the exclusive property of cjschlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cjschlottman. All rights reserved.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Over A Cliff

I am unable to 
connect the dots that form
a whole picture of
this mess who is my son.
Stories conflict   plans are 
made   then unmade   maybe
never made at all   just
fabricated in his
quest to manipulate
my world   insinuate
himself back into a
position of power
from which his illness will
infect me   bring me once
more into the cyclone 
of co-dependant craziness
he so craves and that would
drive my life like a run-
away bus straight over
the edge of a steep cliff.
© cj Schlottman - 2011

7 comments:

jabblog said...

Your weariness, pain and frustration are so beautifully expressed - I wish you peace and a fair resolution.

Anonymous said...

Parenting is the most dual edged thing ever... on one hand it is entirely gratifying. On the other? A bus over the cliff........ I feel this poem well, trust me on my son's life!

Ed Pilolla said...

moving and insightful.
besides being moved, i also like going back over your pieces and examining your tricks. i like the disjointed spacing that disappeared to make way for an accelerating runaway bus.
:)

Daydreamertoo said...

I don't know what his illness is but, they do try their level best to manipulate the people in their lives to use to their own advantage. I'm sorry you're in this position. Sometimes being strong and refusing to enable is so hard to do.
Your prose is heartfelt.

Rek Sesh said...

I read about your son in the other blog and I understand that he is as much a victim of his own brain. But it is difficult to live them at the same time....a yoyo that makes you guilty for wanting a better life...moving words that hit home. My Ex suffers/ed from delusional disorder specially the grandiose and jealous aspects, aggravated(most likely brought on) by his dictator father and "forever tying him to her apron string" emotionally blackmailing mother, worsened because he refused to acknowledge a problem, let alone seek treatment...Guilt of desertion was what kept me tied to him for 7 years even after my marriage died in the first six months.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

CJ, I felt your pain. I'm so sorry. Beautifully written. laurie

The Gooseberry Garden said...

moving words.
well put.

welcome join our community, the gooseberry garden, week 7 theme: love and love lost.

we are open Sunday, 8pm until Thursday, 8pm.

stay poetic, keep your muses fly.

random poems are welcome too.