Disclaimer

This publication is the exclusive property of cjschlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cjschlottman. All rights reserved.

Friday, August 26, 2011

a slave to words

sometimes a piece of work
drips off the ends of my
fingers   slides across my
keyboard & writes itself
at others   words wedged in
creases of my right brain 
   await excavation   
   conveyance to the page
words   my dearest lovers
   my most cruel enemies
serve me at their pleasure
& make of me their slave


©  2011 cj Schlottman

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

"drips off the end of fingers" ahh, love this line... the whole poem is absolutely divine. The poem writes itself - - takes on its own entity.

Ed Pilolla said...

what a fun drama you have going with words. it's not so easy to 'show' while writing a word piece, but your opening is all image, and the rest follows like a beautiful tail.

Bethe77 said...

A play on words i'd say. A struggle of sorts.
Great write
Blessings

Rek Sesh said...

Beautiful, words can elude and then creep out when least expected....

Martha Gates-Mawson said...

Beautiful...

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Love this CJ. It speaks to me and about me. laurie @ Battling My Inner Critic