Disclaimer

This publication is the exclusive property of cjschlottman, and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this blog may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, cjschlottman. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reflections Lost

This is another poem I shot off to Six Word Saturdays. I sat down this morning and just wrote it. Not my best work, but it's what it is - a hastily written and unedited poem.



transform yourself if you will but
beware of finding a stranger in
the mirror one morning and wondering
where you went - was it the
new friends you sought to be
included on all the right lists?
was it the little work on your
face to erase the lines you
earned back when you were you
the real you, the one with
certainty of purpose and confidence in
who you were? where did I
go you will ask yourself as
you stare at the stranger in
the mirror, no one staring back

7 comments:

Rose said...

back blogging after having company and other issues. i disagree i love your poem. as time goes by we can become a different person that can be good or bad. take care rose

Deborah said...

hastily written, unedited ... and brilliant, I really loved this poem, so glad I stopped by!
and thanks everso for popping by mine :o)

Anonymous said...

It's so lovely Claudia, I love your poem...

I also miss my late husband and tried to release the feeling by writing.
Good luck and have a lovely Christmas

Anonymous said...

lovely piece, keep it up.

Hello, How are you?

Season’s Greetings!
You are nominated, you win one vote, if you nominate other poets, you win another vote 4 yourself, in addition, voting helps you exposed to other poets and make new friends in our community. Hope to see you vote
Please Vote Under This Link

PS: Hope to See you at potluck week 16 tomorrow…

Week 16 theme: celebrations and festivities.
We will have a break after week 16, and come back on week 18…
Blessings!
Your support means a world to us…
xxx

Anonymous said...

nice flow to your writing

Diann Blakely said...

Thank you very much for listing my poem among those you like. I'm in some pretty impressive company!

Anonymous said...

Very much agree, there are times we look at the mirror and we wonder where the real us is gone and why ... Thank you for returning the visit to my blog. Courage for your days. I hope you don't let the sadness to get you, I'm sure your husband will be happy to know you smile! Stay well!